Monday, September 1, 2008

LABOR DAY WEEKEND




























Labor Day tends to mark the official end of the summer season(although I'm sure the weather will prove to take summer right into fall). Fall is not my favorite season for many reasons (mainly...I dread the fact it's a precursor to what's around the corner...a loooooong winter), but it is by far Jason's favorite season. It's been a great, albeit short, summer.





To mark the near of the end of the summer travel season, we went to Clinton to celebrate my father's birthday (Jonathan decorated that beautiful cherry chip cake!) and this last "hoor-ah" of summer. What a fabulous time we had. Going to Clinton always (thanks to my mom) affords Jason and I an opportunity to catch up on some much needed sleep. The boys bunk with mom & dad in two pack-n-plays allowing us to sleep in a little longer than normal, and Kate (who is sleeping through the night) sleeps with Jason and I. I haven't slept that much in a long time...meaning 9 hours at night and 2 hour naps during the day. Ahhhhhhhh.....heaven! The kids always have a great time with Gaga and Grandpa who spoil them! (They also got another haircut courtesy of the downtown barber with Grandpa!)



In a couple of weeks, we head to Mark's house on Lake Ozark for our last "getaway" with the whole extended family...

No comments: