Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy weekend...


After Kate's appt. Friday, I headed to St. Lukes for a visit with my grandfather. My parents were there as well after working for a bit in the a.m. at the newspaper office and making the 90 mile trek. This is something they have done everyday since he was admitted a week ago. He's not fairing well at all. He does have some mild to moderate dementia which explains some of his recent issues...but not all. He has dealt with kidney failure for the last five years, which is apparently worsening. We are all praying for answers...and most of all, peace.
The last long training run, prior to the marathon, was Saturday. We began at 4:30am to complete 20 miles. Jason, my biggest fan, took care of the brood while I slept for a couple of hours later in the morning. We got some much needed things accomplished around the house and Jason's parents came up for a last minute visit to celebrate Jason's birthday early (it's on Monday). We went downtown for just a quick visit to the Liberty Fall Festival, then out to eat at Red Robin where his sister and family joined us. Sunday, we took the boys to the sprayground for just a bit when it became clear we needed to get out of the house after church and naps. A busy weekend, but I was able to get a lot of things around the house done that have lessened my stress...on to another busy week.

























1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

I love all of these pictures so much! What a weekend! I am thinking and praying for your grandpa - big big hugs to you all. And EXTRA big birthday wishes to Jason! Have a wonderful birthday!
Love, bec