Friday, June 13, 2008

Another year older...

My big sis and my dear husband made an otherwise ho-hum birthday (yep...32) a fantastic one. Katie took today off to come ease my load with the kids and allow me to escape to Zona Rosa for a little childless shopping (I still had gift cards from Christmas to burn). She also came with the following birthday cake (similar to one I had when I was 9)...It gave me a good little chuckle. The boys didn't care that it was Barbie....it was just sugar to them.


Jason surprised me during his lunch hour by bringing another cake, party hats, noise makers and a couple of cards (one from him and one from the little rascals). After we fed the kids dinner, Jason and I were able to get out ourselves for a bite to eat. Thanks again Katie! You never fail to spend my birthdays with me...and I love you for it!

Before (Perennial Barbie's skirt is a bit messed up due to cousin Daniel and Jonathan fighting over her...she fell on the floor ...thankfully lid intact. I'll be sure to remind them of fighting over a doll cake one day.

After

We all look pretty silly, huh?

Kate was asleep, so we had to take her picture separately. She looks like a garden gnome.

No comments: