Monday, February 1, 2010

These Toes Were Made for Running...

I got one of these last Friday with a couple of running friends: (and no, these are not my feet. Even with a pedi, my feet sadly look nothing like these)*sigh



Then I ran this on Sunday: (and bruised a toenail, which inevitably means, it will fall off, and probably not grow back in time for flip flop season). Fabulous.



Amy and I.


I placed 19th overall out of the women and 5th in age group for the 10K. Not bad for an old decrepid broad running 6.2 miles in a stinky, stuffy man-made cave. It was painful.


So what did I do this morning you ask?


Signed up for this:


(Went to sign up in March last year with three other running friends and it was FULL ALREADY. So I registered today, the first day it was open....while my muscles ache and my toenail is throbbing).



My goal? To requalify for Boston....and not get pregnant trying. ;)

2 comments:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

You are amazing. That is all.

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

Good for you! I so admire runners. I just can't make myself do it. I work out every day, but I can't run. : )