Thursday, February 18, 2010

THE CONFESSION...my other lover.

This probably isn’t the most appropriate place to reveal this, but here goes. For years, I’ve been in love with two men. I’ve decided it just isn’t right anymore. I have to end it and move on with my life with Jason. This is really difficult for me considering the other lover is a Doctor and is sooooo sweet and comforting to me. But, he really complicates my life and just plain isn’t good for me.

I can remember when this affair got hot and heavy...ironically it was actually Jason who introduced me to the Dr. way back in high school. So this really is his fault.

I’m in love with Dr. Pepper.

Ever since, I can honestly say that there have been days, probably even weeks, when all I’ve had to drink was Dr. Pepper. Even at the conclusion of a long run, the only thing I could think about was seeking comfort in an ice-cold Dr. Pepper. Who needs water anyway? Isn’t there water in Dr. Pepper?

When pregnant, I knew the “no caffeine!” rule. I wasn’t buying it...so I did my research (on the internet, which is so reliable and trustworthy, right?) I found several studies that showed having up to X amount of caffeine per day didn’t have an effect on the fetus. Turns out that amount of caffeine translates into like 4 Dr. Peppers a day. I did show restraint and decided to try to limit myself to one a day (okay...two. maybe three) and try my hardest to drink water the rest of the day. As soon as each of my 3 children were born, I went back to my 3-4 (5-6)sodas-a-day ways.


So for Lent, I have decided to end the affair completely. I'm sure my heart is more broken than the Dr's.

I’m on day 2 sans caffeine...surprisingly, I'm doing okay.

Just don't ask Jason how I'm doing.

Goodbye Lover

2 comments:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

I know you can do it!

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

I'm obsessed with Diet Vanilla coke from Sonic. I've been thinking about giving it up because I don't want my boys to drink soda. Ugh!

Good luck!