Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lucky in Love

Our 19th Valentine's Day together.

This is something that is so significant, it blows my mind.

At the heart of our relationship lies friendship that has remained at the very core since we first met and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it were not for that chance blind date 19 years ago. He has taught me so very much about life that I didn't know before I met him. He constantly reminds me of life's purpose. I can share anything with him, including every fear and every embarrassment without judgment or condemnation. He is always in my corner, always my advocate. I can also expect loving advice that provides clarity and often merited criticism dealt with affection.

He is the father of my children. I feel humbled that he is my partner in the very thing that is central to my whole world. My children are my heart. They are as much a part of my being...my soul as anything. Their fears are my fears, their sorrows are my sorrows and they have brought an overwhelming amount of laughter, spirit, (exhaustion) and bliss to my world. My love for them makes me almost burst with joy.

A friend of mine (thank you Bec) shared a very beautifully written, honest and grounding blog with me this past week. Even a week later, it still speaks to me. One line in particular;
"... life is about love and truly experiencing the beauty we are meant to know." has provided perspective for me.

Life is nothing without love. Beauty can be found in anything.










No comments: