Friday, February 5, 2010

I heart you.



This recipe is my Great Aunt Lydia's...usually reserved for Christmas cookies, but they are oh, so good. Aunt Katie gave us new cookie cutters...and Jonathan insisted we use them (I didn't put up a fight...so much for trying to get rid of the Holiday fluff I've gained). They will be gone before nightfall...that I am sure of.
I'll make more.

2/3 c butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
3/4 t vanilla
1/4 t almond extract
2 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
4 tsp milk

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well to mix. add vanilla and almond - mix.
Sift flour, sift in baking powder and salt. Stir into shortening mixture. Stir in milk. Divide dough into half and chill at least one hour.
Heat oven to 375 - grease baking sheets or use parchment paper. bake 8-9 minutes until golden brown.

2 comments:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

If you aren't the most incredible mom making such beautiful cookies!! (And I heart you, because I was just looking for a recipe, and now I have one that comes with love from a family I know!)

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

The cookies are so pretty! I bet they were just as yummy, too. What a great family project!