Friday, September 4, 2009

Flashback Friday~Cross Country


On one of our trips to the park this week (Stocksdale), the kids and I were surprised to find a large group of Cross Country runners preparing for a small meet. What fun! What memories. This time of year will always remind me of the competition I loved so much. I always enjoyed beginning the season in the dead heat of summer, continuing in to fall (love the smell and crunch of leaves under foot), and usually ending the season with the bitter chill of wind and sometimes, snow. I'm so blessed that I had the opporunity to extend my love of running competitively another four years through college. It was great having an immediate group of friends who were as passionate about running as I and traveling all over the country with them.

I hope at least one of my kids develops a love and passion for running...it is one of the few sports you can carry with you the rest of your life.

They were so excited to cheer for the runners...
although Nick was more interested in watching the girls stretch.

No comments: