Wednesday, August 27, 2008



Two and a half weeks into school (1 1/2 weeks with students) and it shaping up to be a great year. Many of my Advanced Placement kids are students I had the pleasure of teaching two years ago...it always amazes me how much older they look when they return to me their Junior/Senior year. My World History group....well...they're freshman (really just 8th graders in training for HS). They say and do things that often have me picking my jaw up off the floor...and laughing later about. Open House was Monday night, and as always, my rooms were packed with parents eager to find out a little bit about the class and me. It's taking time to adjust to the new cadence of life...running at 5:00am, dropping Jonathan off by 6:45am, getting to school by 7:00, picking Jonathan up by 3:00, picking Kate and Nick up by 3:30, dinner, bath, bedtime. By the time it's all over, I'm spent and often in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 to rest up for the next days full schedule. On top of it all, I accepted an adjunct position to teach a couple of courses for the Missouri Virtual Instruction Program in my "spare time". LOL. My photography, sadly, has been shelved for a bit until I can get into a bit more of a routine and manage my time a little more effectively.

Jonathan is loving school...finally. We had some rough mornings, but he's finally at a point of running in and immediately telling me he wants to go play. That warms my heart. Nicholas is transitioning to toddler hood with a vengeance. He's still sweet and mellow, but boy, he's displaying his demanding and overly emotional side! Sweet boy. I wondered when the day would come....
Kate is sleeping through the night...HOORAY...and in her own room....DOUBLE HOORAY! She's growing up so fast on us.

We're headed to Clinton this Labor Day weekend to spend time with my family and to celebrate my father's birthday...is it Friday yet?
Nick loves shoes...I think it's a fetish. He finds my dress shoes especially fun. My silver wedges, black peep toed heels, doesn't matter. He loves shoes. Earlier this week it was my new running shoes. Today? Daddy's nasty mowing shoes.

No comments: