Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Been one of those weeks...

Sadly, last week was our last full week of summer together (the kids and I). I ended last week with some shopping time with my mom, sis and of course, baby Kate. We have to break her in to the addiction...and she definitely enjoyed her time with just the ladies. Jason and boys hung at home.

Jonathan has begun his first full week of preschool, Nick and Kate have begun their first week with Nicole, and I have begun my first full week of school. This transition never gets easier from year to year. I just plain miss my kids. Jonathan has not quite adjusted well to school as far as the drop-off's go. He always has a death like grip on me and cries every morning I leave. I have never had the opportunity to do the drop-offs with the kids in the past as it's always been Jason's duty due to my early days (my contract day begins at 7:15am), but this year I am taking Jonathan to school. It is not something I enjoy. I don't think any mom enjoys dropping off a crying child and most every morning this week I have gone to work wiping tears away as I enter the school parking lot and get ready to enter the building. I know it will take a few weeks for him to adjust and it always takes a few weeks for me to adjust. If I'm not posting as regularly...that is why. Juggling a full-time job on top of three so young, I have realized I have very little time for much in the evenings and to be quite honest, I'm just plain exhausted!

No comments: