Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ozark Greenway Adventure Race

http://ozarkgreenways.org/mark_twain_race/index.html
So for the third time (first time since having three children), I was talked in to competing in the Ozark Greenways Adventure race by my brother, Tommy. I am the token female needed to complete the co-ed team of male KC Police Officers...and probably the weakest link as well. So Jason and I have a weekend without kids and this is how we will be spending it...camping in our van followed by an all-day event of running, biking, canoeing, orienteering (really just traipsing through the woods of southern missouri amid snakes, ticks, mosquitos and poison ivy). That sounds like fun, huh? (I'm making it sound like Jason will be participating...let me clarify. Jason will be hanging out in a lawn chair with a good book getting a tan....he's getting the better end of the deal)! Jason asked me how long it had been since I have even been on my bike...I had to think. Over THREE YEARS! That long?

I'm not that much of an outdoorsy girl.

No comments: