Thursday, May 19, 2011

P/T Conferences

An entire year has gone by...and a final round of parent-teacher conferences for Nick and Kate at their Montessori. Not sure why...but these things make me nervous.

I sat in a little chair, trying to balance uncomfortably on one cheek, not knowing what exactly to expect. Then it dawned on me: how do my children really behave when we're not around? Are they repeating stuff? Saying or doing embarrassing things. What exactly? Afterall, it was just last week when Kate lifted up her preschool teachers skirt on the playground (in front of me...in front of everyone) and asked, "You got any panties on under der?" Legitimate question. Very awkward moment. And....it was just yesterday morning when Nick pointed to his cute little Elmo underwear and said, "Der's a big pee pee in der! The biggest pee pee at school..." Oh really? (Daddy was laughing hysterically. Mommy was stunned and clamoring for an appropriate response).

I don't care to hear whether or not my children are "brilliant" or "advanced". Really. For both Jason and I, average is GREAT! Nick is right on target academically according to the Bracken School Readiness Test. Kate apparently loves to sing (LOUDLY) while she works, enjoys painting the most, and apparently yells "WALK AWAY!" to boys who get too close.



(Dear Kate, your mama wants you to keep saying that until you're.......oh...about twenty)
My perfect pair from their first day of preschool last August.

No comments: