Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On Guard!

I truly believe God gave little boys powerful imaginations to make up for their powerlessness
over what’s for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner.



For the last few weeks our home has been engaged in serious sword play inspired by watching Princess Bride. No one has “died a thousand deaths” yet, but we've had plenty of casualties (including some glass lanterns that met an early death...somehow "Tilly did it!"...ya know, the dog locked in the kennel). Playing pretend takes real flexibility. The script changes rapidly. Instructions fly from every corner of the room from Nick to Jonathan....from Jonathan to Nick. I never know if they are pirates or knights...but it's serious business rescuing princess Kate.

Do I want to encourage violence? No. Do I want to encourage something that my boys find fun and entertaining? Yes.



Fencing lessons begin June 1st.

Oh.
My.

No comments: