Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kate's Renal Scan-GET ME OUTTA HERE!


This photo pretty much says it all! It was not a pleasant experience for either of us...worse for her, I'm sure..but I was on the verge of tears myself! I have never seen my daughter as upset as she was when having to be catheterized. She had this same procedure done when she was a mere 3 months old, but this go around, it was necessary to sedate her, given her age, for the hour long procedure. So all together, we were there almost four hours from the time she had her IV, to the time she came to after the sedation started to wear off. She slept another 4 hours when we returned home. We won't know the results till the end of the week...but we are confident that any dilation is just a result of her wacky and unique right kidney that matches her wacky and unique demeanour!

No comments: