Friday, April 10, 2009

Trying to Catch-up!

Okay...I've been SOOOOOOO busy lately I've once again neglected my blogging. Blogging is my form of scrapbooking...and I have just turned my 2007 and 2008 blogging into a blogbook on blurb! I'm so excited to receive the finished product in the mail.

Okay, so what has been going on? Well, Jason bought a new car. His 11 year old black four door Honda Accord served us well for the last 10 years. It went to NY & back with us and commuted through downtown from Olathe to N. Kansas City and N. Kansas City to Olathe for many years. He went car shopping on his own...and what did he come home with? A new BLACK FOUR DOOR HONDA ACCORD. I had to laugh...not much of a departure for my man of habit.

I ran the Olathe Half Marathon last Saturday morning. It had been originally scheduled for March 28th, but the nasty weather postponed it for a week. It was a VERY windy and cold April morning and I ended up finished about 14 out of 400 women, 3rd in my age group with a time of 1:42 (7:49 per mile). You can see some pretty painful looking photos at: http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%18yG&EVENTID=48968&BIB=2479&S=230&PWD=

With as windy as it was, I was surprised. This was the first time I've run a 1/2 since having three kids and it was my 3rd fastest 1/2 time out of the 11 I've run. I just LOVE my neighborhood running ladies for helping to get me out of bed to meet on the corner at 5am every morning of the week...I know I wouldn't have the discipline if I were flying solo every morning. We have all decided a ladies weekend & the Chicago Marathon is next on the list!

We spent last Saturday afternoon at Villa Ventura with my Grandpa Mac and enjoyed an easter egg hunt. We also had a visit in Eudora & spent a little time with Jason's grandparents.

I've been working on my photography A LOT lately. I'm so excited about how quickly business is picking up. I have 5 sessions already scheduled over the next 6 weeks. I recently took photographs of a six week old cutie, Bradley! (http://www.emilykazmaierphotography.com Proofing, Password: Bradley) In preparation for the session, I cleared my memory and sadly lost pictures of my kids with Grandpa Mac at the Easter Egg Hunt at Villa. :-( Very sad.

Okay..that's the best I can do in making up for my lapse in posting. Our family is excited to head to Clinton for Easter festivities tonight! I'll try to to better and get blogging about that early next week! :)

No comments: