Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Adventure

Over spring break, I interviewed for a full-time position working for the eMINTS program through the University of Missouri (As a Jayhawker...I should be ashamed) teaching for the Missouri Virtual Instruction Program (boy, that's a mouthful). I found out on Monday that I was offered a position starting August 10th. It's been a bitter sweet acceptance as I have been happy with the North Kansas City Schools. The thought of leaving a place that has been so good to me over the last 7 years makes me invariably sad. I am excited, however, about this new adventure not only because I believe in this program (as I have worked as an adjunct instructor), but because it will also afford me the flexibility and opportunity to spend more time at home with the most important people in my life (Jon, Nick & Kate).

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

Ahhh! I don't know why this made me tear up - I mean, I know it has been such a big decision for you and I understand how hard! But, I am so excited for you and hopeful that you feel sooo good about it, and I also feel excited that our wee ones can have play dates! Greta says, "Hoooray!" And, I am sending you a big congratulations and a hug! It will be a great adventure!