Monday, August 25, 2014

Never gets old-10 months




The best part of having a baby again is watching her grow. I don't stop savoring her milestones and even her "inchstones". She's utterly scrumptious.  This bright eyed girl is going places and I am there on the sidelines, watching in awe.

Little Lyddie has learned to clap, wave, say a few words ("mama", "hi" and "pup") and take her first steps. She's at that phase of babyhood where I'm constantly making a fool of myself trying to get her to do one of her new tricks or say one of her new words. She usually looks at me with some mild interest and mostly just drools or smiles or simply ignores me and goes back to her regularly scheduled gnawing on things she know she shouldn't have (toys are never enough).  However, every time she does perform one of her new tricks, I'm clapping, the kids are loudly applauding and congratulating and make a huge deal over it because we’re so proud that she's figuring things out. Fourth child or not, it never gets old.

No comments: