Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to School Blues

And as quickly as it started, it's over. This is the last day of summer for my kids. Every morning I wake up thanking God above for my career as a teacher and my ability to spend another summer with my kids. School supplies have been dropped off, we've met our new teachers at Open House and we have the brand new shoes and fresh haircuts. They're ready. I'm ready.

Sort of.

I'd be dishonest if there weren't days this summer where I was on the verge of killing my dear sweet children. My house is FAR messier and the order of our daily routine is certainly out of whack. However, all I can think about when we’re together is how limited the time is. How quickly the moments is, how funny they are, how loud they are, how alive they are, how nice it is to let them sleep in, to let them decide the direction of our lazy days.

While I'm mourning the end of another amazing summer, the kids are beyond excited for the adventure that lies ahead with their new school. New teachers, new friends and endless possibilities. I will cry a little...like I do EVERY YEAR but as soon as I collect myself,  fall will come right on schedule.  Apple picking, soccer games, fire pits, camping, pumpkin patches, Halloween...it will be exciting and fun and I will be thankful for another awesome school experience for the kids.





No comments: