Friday, June 17, 2011

Cancun

After 12 years of marriage, Jason and I finally got away for a week...thanks to our family for watching our little ones. Our stay was at Sun Palace (couples-only), HERE one of the many Palace Resorts in Cancun. We have determined that all-inclusive is the way to go as we were treated like royalty from the time we arrived to the time to departed. We were upgraded to the concierge level which afforded us free massages, dinner on the beach, a concierge to take care of all our plans as well as beach chairs reserved with our names. I admit I was skeptical about going to Mexico due to safety concerns, but quickly learned there is absolutely nothing to fear given the seclusion and security of the area. We look forward to going back SOON and bringing the kids with us...it was just that amazing.



Our room had a breathtaking view of the water....and the pool. If your a people watcher like I am...it was very entertaining at times!



Dinner on the beach was perfection...watching the sun set on a perfect summer evening.




We spent the only rainy day in Chichen-Itza...which also happened to be my birthday. The rain, we were told, was quite a respite from the 100 degree plus temperatures on a typical day in June at Chichen. I have to admit, it was astounding to be surrounded by that much history. Our tour guide, Simon, was phenomenal!




After we returned from Chichen-Itza and had hot showers, I was surprised to find a birthday cake and a bottle of champagne courtesy of the hotel. We ordered room service in and the hotel staff sang. :)



I was still on the clock part-time...so I found a nice comfy location to work.





This is where I met pure joy...the beach, a good book, my ipod and my honey.





I was treated with two massages, a facial and a pedicure. This mama was SPOILED!






We got tired of asking people to take our picture together...so we improvised. (not well)


We ended our getaway with a random first-class upgrade out of Cancun.



Perfection!


No comments: