Monday, October 25, 2010

Ghosted!

We were "ghosted" last week. If you've ever been "ghosted" you know what it means. A package of Halloween goodies arrives anonymously on your porch with a note that reads something like this:
Thursday, Jonathan and I gathered our three gift bags full of goodies just as the sun set and early evening settled in. He was already in his jammies and super excited to play "ghost". We walked up the street hand-in-hand and looked for houses that did not already have the phantom note posted in their window or door indicating they too, had already been haunted. I love my little guys giddy laugh when he's truly excited about something. He would run to the doors, knock or ring the bell and run around to the side of the house to join me. I'm really surprised he didn't wet his pants. Sincerely. We had a nice conversation on our walk back to our house about random acts of kindness. That is the lesson I hope he remembers on a fall night in October of 2010................rather than his first experience of "ding, dong ditch" & "ring and run" with his own mom.

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

Oh my gosh that is soooo cute! Boo to you, Jonathan!!