Monday, May 17, 2010

He did it! Running with the Cows

That's right! My hubby finished his first 5K ever! I was so worried his first race (I say first because in my heart I hoped that it would not be his last) would be ruined by 50 degree temps and rain but he was quite the trooper and not only ran the race with enthusiasm, he placed 5th in his age group and 92nd over all (out of 340 people total). Time of 29:50. WOOT! He's ready to conquer another race already. I am SOOOOO very proud of him. I was sad that his race started 15 minutes after mine so I didn't see him start, nor finish...and I didn't get to see the boys run their first kids run either as I wasn't finished with the half marathon by then. Fortunately, they had a great cheering section...Gaga, Grandpa, Aunt KK and Uncle Mark braved the rain too in order to help & watch the little fellas do their best.

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

What an awesome thing to do with your family! Awesome job Jason! And, Emily, you are always the best! Now you have littles running in your footsteps!