Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Boy


It's so hard for Jason and I to comprehend the fact that this little guy is headed to kindergarten next year...in fact, it's hard to grasp the concept that he's defintely no longer a toddler but a full fledged active, playful, imaginative BOY! Yes...boy. In every sense of the word. Smelly, dirty, invinceable, and silly. As he grows and his "at-the-hip" need for me lessens, I feel simultanously proud and sad. To watch him run off to his group at t-ball practice with no fear or inhibitions...I realize, that although it's been in process all along, this really feels like the beginning of his independence and my inability to monitor almost every moment of his life. It feels as though life is in hyperdrive and although I have him under my roof for another 13 years, I know in my heart that those 13 years will be fleeting. Until then, I'm going to hug and love on my smelly dirty, invinceable, silly boy...and as I do everyday, I will ask him,
"You'll never be too big to hug and cuddle your momma, right?"
And I'll continue to hope that I get the same response everytime.
"Never"

No comments: