Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kate's big girl room

I really wanted to give Kate the quintessential little girls room. I love to "redo" rooms all the time, so in the future I tend to go a little more modern and less frilly. She LOVES her new room. For over two weeks now, she has slept in her big girl bed without an ounce of hesitation.

BEFORE: (GOODBYE bubble gum pink walls!)




AFTER: (Hello Asparagus Green and Begonia Pink)
Aunt KK gave Kate her new bedding and we designed the room around it.
(The bed rail drives me nuts)




I looked for artwork for her walls forever...and couldn't find a thing. So I just designed some on Photoshop and printed them on textured paper.




3 comments:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

I LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! You are good so good. Move over Martha! I love your bedding and the colors are perfect! I love the art on her walls - she is a lucky little girl to have such a creative and talented mamma! It is just so cute!
ps - Greta wants to come over and sleep in there, too!

The Votaw Family said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT! you are so creative! Next room I need to redo your on it! LOVE IT! Lucky little girl!

Becca Jane said...

Hi! Totally blog-hopped over here....just have to say that I LOVE this room! I'm doing my daugher's room in a birdie theme too...SO much cute stuff out there! And I love name Kate! Our daughter was Kate up until about a month before she was born, when we switched to Allie. But Kate is still at the top of our list if we have any more girls!!