Friday, July 18, 2008

What's new?

I've neglected posting regularly for a several days...so here's an attempt to get caught up:

Jonathan has been officially potty trained and accident free for over three weeks now!!! This was a huge celebration for us all as we tried EVERYTHING (lots of bribery...for which we are now living the results of) for weeks and we would be in a world of hurt if he wasn't by the time pre-school started in mid-August. (a stipulation of enrollment). I credit my mom for finally making him understand what it is he needed to do when at their home over the 4th. Now everytime he goes "browns" as he calls #2 (it is brown...usually), he insists I come and check it out. "Mommy, come look and see!" He often refuses to put his underwear and pants after going potty...and has even streaked outside many times like this. Yesterday during "quiet time" (since nap time is a dirty word and he never actually falls asleep) he went potty, went back in his room and when I went to get him out later, he emerged with one green tube sock pulled up to his right knee....and nothing else. I think I'll warn his preschool teachers just in case...

I had the pleasant opportunity to photograph some second cousins (Maci, Maddox and Linc)...they're so stinkin' cute and have the most amazing eyes, it was easy). Thanks Ashli for letting me practice on some adorable subjects...looking forward to doing it again!

Jonathan got some new shoes from Gaga (grandma) and was so excited about them that sometime between the time he went down for bed and 11:30pm when I went to check on him before heading to bed myself, he had put them on and fallen asleep. Of course they were on the wrong feet too!

Kate's growing like crazy and has taken to Stage 2 food more quickly than her siblings did. That girl can eat! Now....if she'd only sleep.

Nick's taken to climbing on EVERYTHING. This is a new thing for us as Jonathan never did at that age. He particulary likes to get on the table behind the couch, stand up and jump wildly off onto the cushions of the couch! Our little evil knieval!










No comments: