Thursday, May 16, 2013

Still Running.....trying...

For now. I'm not going to lie, despite the fact I'm just a few days shy of hitting the 2nd trimester, I'm tired. Really tired. Oh, and sick. Often very sick. Prescription Zofran sick. Never enough sleep and my "get up and go" has "gotten up and gone".  However, I'm stubborn...and that means that the Heartland Series I signed up for...will be completed.




Rock the Parkway Half Marathon @ 10 Weeks Pregnant: A beautiful course...this is my third go at it (I missed it last year due the Boston Marathon). A nice, relatively flat course down Ward Parkway...fountains, bands and PERFECT weather. I had a slower start, but found my 2nd wind about 5 miles in. Slower than the last time I ran this race, but it felt great (1:36-7:22 per mile pace-5th in my age group. In the top 20 overall out of over 2,000 woman).



Kansas Half Marathon @ 11 Weeks Pregnant: HOLY HOT AND HILLY....although I LOVED running through campus, and the many roads I had not run down since running for KU over 16 years before. Seriously...the course took us up hills we avoided as college athletes. I absolutely loved my cheering section...comprised of my dad. :) He got up at 5:00am to make the trip from Clinton to Lawrence....and endured the awkward and untrustworthy stares from people at the finish line...all because I had him carrying my black backpack. A sad revelation of where we are today. :(
(1:39-7:33 per mile pace-3rd in my age group, top 15 overall)


Another Clinton native, Kyle Kempker....he's a beast of a runner who is also running the series.

 My dear dad....what a trooper! Love having my #1 fan with me.



Running with the Cows Half Marathon@ 14 Weeks Pregnant: Another BEAUTIFUL day for a run...with cows and rolling hills in southern Johnson County. I placed 9th overall and moved up in the overall standings for the Heartland Series to 8th place overall woman! Time to retire the long run shoes in favor for some shorter races. I definitely had to work for the 1:39 (7:33 pace) this time and I'm now sporting the "baby gut" :)

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

You are so inspiring! If anyone can do it, you are the one...and expecting! I send my endurance vibes your way!