Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Old Glory Days 5K

I haven't run this race in a few years. I believe this was my 4th time. In fact, last year Jason ran the 5K. We decided (okay...so really I decided), we'll do an every other year thing. Go Jason!

I actually ran the very first Old Glory Days 5K eighteen years ago. Eighteen years ago???? I was just 17 and had graduated from high school...preparing for my 1st year of collegiate running. Yeah...I was A LOT faster then. Three kids and several years later, it was great to see my old coaches still volunteering their time to raise money for the high school cross country team I was once a part of. The KATY trail wasn't developed when I was in high school...oh how nice it would have been to have a flat, traffic-less stretch to run.

Once again, I had my #1 fan there to see me off...my Dad. He told me to whip up on the men! At the end, I had three little patriotic cheerers awaiting my sweaty, slow arrival...in first place. This 35 year old bag still has it...and much to the pleasure of my father, I did whip up on a few men! :)















No comments: