Friday, August 13, 2010

Race for a Cure

I have found that one of running's greatest benefits is its powers of stress-relief...especially as a mom. I at least start my day with relaxation and renewal by venturing into the darkness of pre-dawn out onto the roads for a good sweat. After a cool shower, I take a deep breath and prepare for another day of of the sometimes endless mayhem. I'm so grateful for these ladies....because of them, I never do it alone. We run together, we sweat together, we share together. They are a great source of accountability, wisdom and laughter.



2010 Race for a Cure-H-O-T. Our neighborhood dominated the 30-34 age group with 1st, 3rd and 5th place finishes. Go ladies! What an incredible thing it is to join 27,000 othe people in support of one very important cause. GO PINK!

A little Friday running humor:




1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

I admire you so much! And, that cartoon is FUNNY!