Monday, August 16, 2010

B2(P)S


Back to Preschool!


A few days a week, Nick and Kate will go to the Montessori near our home. As always, I'm nervous for them. Admittedly, we've been fairly structure-less this summer. A new routine, new friends and a new environment will be quite an adjustment for them both. Jason and I are comforted knowing it is an amazing place academically and knowing the kids will be loved. We are even more comforted knowing, although in separate classrooms most of the day, they will start and end their day together. Nick is a great big brother to Kate, and since this is not a new environment for him (since he attended last fall), we know he will help her fit right in.


So today it's just Jonathan and I (he starts school Wed)...it's REALLY, REALLY quiet in this house. And of course, I'm emotional. There were no tears today (the kids, nor me), but I have a feeling when we do this all over again tomorrow, all parties involved might be a bit tearful when reality hits.


My little pair


1 comment:

Nicole @ Nicole Clark blog said...

Kate looks so big. what a big girl. love the outfit. good luck today sweet things.