Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My town

Okay, so it's not really my town, but it once was. In many ways, it always will be.
It's coming home.
You know how you have those holidays that come and go and for whatever reason, just don't have the "celebratory feel"? It's over before it even began?

This was NOT one of those holidays!
It started with dinner at El Sambre Friday night (where Jason and I had our first ever date at the ripe old ages of 14 & 16) followed by evening ice cream and catching fireflies in my parents yard.






Saturday morning, my incredible husband ran his 2nd ever 5K. (It was so fun watching confused faces as they watched him pin the number on instead of me). We saw old high school running friends and former coaches.


Later Saturday morning, we headed to the parade with both sets of grandparents and had fun meeting up with friends Becky and Derek and their amazingly cute children, Greta and Jack. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision our children side by side scrambling for parade goodies!




Saturday evening the kids enjoyed the carnival rides and once again, we ran into old friends. Conversations quickly changed from shared childhood memories to stories of parenting.

They weren't going to let a little sprinkle spoil the fun!







Ice cream at 1/2 Pints

Sunday we had a traditional 4th of July bbq with family followed by fireworks, more fireworks and more fireworks....followed by the Old Glory Days firework display.



No comments: