Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010
















































I'm so grateful for such an AMAZING Easter weekend in which to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ and in which to be with family! What a blessing it was to be graced by glorious weather this year. The kids were SOOOOO excited about Easter and the trip to Gaga and Grandpa's house and the prospect of the Easter Bunny's visit.

We had a practice run in downtown Clinton on Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce Easter Egg Hunt followed by a picnic lunch in Gaga and Grandpa's backyard, followed by a trip to the Community Center for some swimming, followed by egg dying, followed by Pizza Glen (a MUST when going "home" to Clinton), followed by ice cream cones...all in ONE DAY!
Easter Mass was actually quite pleasant...Jason and I celebrated our first Mass where all three kids cooperated (no need to embarrassingly flee the sanctuary with a squirmy, loud child(ren)). Kate was a little under the weather Easter morning, but after a long nap, she perked right up for the Sunday afternoon celebration of dinner, family and another egg hunt. What great childhood memories in which I hope we are imprinting upon their minds...I know my heart will always be in Warsaw, Missouri on Easter where my childhood memories lie. And I know my Aunt Lydia, who played a pivitol role in helping create those perfect memories, was smiling down from above.

Easter 1987-Warsaw Missouri (Back row: Katie 13, Danny 14, Great Grandma White (Cuckoo). Front row: Emily 11, Tommy 10, Rebecca 9)

No comments: