Monday, November 9, 2009

A Simple Pile of Leaves








We took a day trip to Clinton to visit Meme and Papa. Cousins Laci, Andy and Jacob were there too. Papa made a great big pile of leaves for the kids to frolic in.
Do you see the delight in their faces? Amazing what a simple pile of leaves can provide! It's been a disappointing week here, but wow...these children light up my life in the most disappointing of times. What a blessing they are!
I am often reminded of what simple joys God has placed in my life.
Here is a list of those things I find to be simple joys in life!
  • Taking a warm bath with lavender-smelling bubble bath (Jason makes sure I have plenty)
  • Having Jason scratch and/or massage my back
  • Watching my three beautiful children playing together...they are finally at that age where they have a great time together
  • A basket full of clean laundry
  • A run early in the morning...with only the remaining moonlight lighting my way
  • Quiet time with a good book
  • The moment right before falling asleep
  • Putting on a pair of soft pajamas
  • Laughing so hard with a friend that you can hardly catch your breath
  • When my babies fight over me for affection.
  • Eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream, and feeling absolutely no guilt
  • Taking off sweaty clothes after a long run and taking a cold shower
  • Finding money I had completely forgotten about in my jeans or winter coat
  • Freshly laundered sheets
  • Listening to rain battering the windows
  • Swinging in a swing
  • Dancing in the kitchen with my kids
  • Having a child fall asleep in my arms
  • Getting in bed when it’s cold and creating a warm nest with several blankets
  • Waking up with my two little boys cuddled next to me after they found their way to my bed sometime in the night

No comments: