Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!


Nicholas is officially two today! Happy Birthday little Nickle Pickle. Although two years of age has brought out a little bit defiance in him, he still remains to be our sweet little affectionate and mellow little boy who adores his big brother, is tender towards his little sister, and loves to dance and sing.

Nicholas made his quiet and uncomplicated little entrance on December 21st, 2006. Despite his small stature, everything about him since, has been big. His emotions are big. His energy is big. His imagination is big. His heart is big. Somehow my little baby boy is now, just a little boy. The baby who once was unknown to me, hidden in my tummy and offering up only kicks and tumbles, is now the little boy who has warmed my heart and softened my soul. The baby who once needed constant comforting now comforts me with his unsolicited hugs, cuddles and kisses. He fills my whole being with joy (and sometimes a little frustration and anger too). I am still in awe of my little soulful blue-eyed boy.

There is such a mix of emotions during the hustle and bustle of each day’s routine. Yet at night when all is calm (and that happens VERY late at our house) I stare at him in his crib, I am overwhelmed with pride and awe and love for him as I am with each of my children. Nicholas continues to amaze me everyday… and even though I know something new and exciting awaits me each morning, as I stare at him in his crib, I silently say, “Don't let him grow. I like him just like that!”

He is beautiful. He is amazing. He is TWO.

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

It may be my hormones or this time of year, but that just made me bawl like a baby. He is amazing, Emily. I am so, so glad that I get to see him grow.(but not too fast) (and marry Greta.) Happy Birthday Nichols!! We love you, sweet boy!