Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012































The quintessential Easter....it really was (minus missing my brothers family!) The weather was gorgeous...clear blue skies, low 70's. I believe it was the first Easter we dined al fresco. I love how excited my children get for holidays with the family...for weeks they count down in anticipation of the spoilage they receive from their grandparents. We kept up with the tradition of going to the downtown Clinton square for the Easter egg hunt...although in comparison to the one held with family, it can seem pretty disappointing. Point in case: Kate was unable to fill her basket with any eggs. This was partially her fault as she became overwhelmed by the crowds of kids and clung to my side. When her bravery kicked in, it was too late, all the eggs had been found. I witnessed from afar...my big boy walk over to his sister and look in her basket (I expect this was initially out of competitiveness). He peered in, started to walk away, hesitated and then turned back and without a word exchanged, he placed some of his eggs in her basket. This made his mama and daddy very, very proud. A simple and fundamental lesson in sacrifice...a fitting one given the holiday being celebrated.

No comments: