Monday, April 18, 2011

Seattle

My job took me to Seattle for work this past weekend to take another exam granting me full teaching certification for the State of Washington.
In a way, this trip was a clouded and brisk walk down memory lane. The last time I was in the Seattle area I was just seven years old. I vaguly remember my parents ushering me onto an airplane all by myself and sending me to Seattle to spend a few weeks with my grandmother and grandfather over the summer. I was actually quite amazed by how much I remember from that visit, 28 years later. My grandmother's rose bushes, raspberry jam, my grandfather's cigars, the neighborhoods kids, my first Shirley Temple and Return of the Jedi.

The best part of this return trip was having the opportunity to spend a little time with my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jimmy. Thank you SO MUCH for the tour of Seattle and for an amazing seafood dinner at Anthonly's, a place I was told was a favorite of my grandmother's. I had a quirky, but very entertaining & informative, tour of Seattle on "The Duck". I was able to visit what once was my grandparents home in Bellevue as well as my grandmother's grave. It meant so much to me to spend time with both of you. Thank you, again.

And this lucky wife and mother (who got incredibly misty coming home after being away from her babies for three days) came home to flowers, a cake, a million hugs and kisses and a clean house. I am one blessed woman! I say Mr. Mom did an incredible job flying solo...but he did conclude that I do far more than he ever realized. :)

No comments: