Friday, January 28, 2011

Birthday Girl~Little bit of sugar, whole lotta spice!

I remember how quickly my little gal arrived in this world...all pink, chubby and with faux-hawk of jet black hair. Knowing she was most certainly my last child, I remember breathing in her baby smell, marveling at her tiny hands, kissing her amazingly soft cheeks, tracing the outline of her perfect lips with my finger and holding her close. They grow too quickly. I'm becoming more aware that three year old's don't sit for very long...I miss baby Kate sometimes. Always on the go. Although no longer a needy baby....she challenges me daily in new ways. She has growing
independence, free-will and the duality of being both a feisty and affectionate little girl.

I love her spirit.

Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet girl!

You are everything we had hoped for in a daughter and so much more. Having you in our lives has changed us profoundly. Sorry for the sappy post, but anytime your youngest has another birthday and you realize how quickly they are growing up.....you're allowed to be sappy!!!














My big cheesy 3 year old.


Post party blues!

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

She is so pretty, Emily! Like a little china doll. What an adorable pink princess party for her, too!