Monday, February 16, 2009

Will you be mine?

Our Valentine's Day was spent in Clinton. A last minute getaway and opportunity to get out without the kids Saturday (thanks mom & dad!). Our 18th Valentine's day was a walk down memory lane...a trip to El Sambre (where we had our first date) and a movie. Often when we go out together (just Jason and I...which actually isn't often), we find ourselves having little to talk about other than our three kids. This time, we reminisced about where we were sitting at the restaurant the first time. Jason remembers what I wore and what I ordered as well as what he gave me the first Valentine's day we spent (A big heart balloon with a face and accordion arms and legs). It's amazing how quickly 18 years can fly by and amazing where life has taken us.

Jason the romantic, took me for a cruise around the square 3 times...in our MINIVAN before our movie. We're cool.
Flowers from my dad...since the 1st grade, he has NEVER forgotten to give flowers to his daughters. It always means so much and I hope that Jason does the same for Kate someday.
Cards for Nick and Kate from Gaga....very cute!

All of Jonathan's Valentines. I don't know how many times I've had to read the names on the cards as he was so excited.

1 comment:

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

This was an awesome post - I got all giddy thinking about your memories! So, what did you order at El Sambre?? Sancho and taco?
You two are the best. You inspire me!