Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's been a while!

I've neglected my blog for the past few weeks...just been so busy with life! Let's see...what's new?

Jonathan is continuing to enjoy school and has learned so much lately including fire safety. We were so proud of him when he came home and told us when to call 911 and what to do in case of a fire. This past weekend, Gaga asked him, "Jonathan, what do you do if there's a fire?". He replied, "You get out of the school!". She then asked him, "What do you do if there's a fire at home?" He replied, "You burn!". Suppose we ought to work on that one, eh? He is fully grasped the concept of Christmas and presents...he wants "lotsa, lotsa, lotsa of 'em!" as he puts it. Shamefully, we are already wearing out the "you better listen to mommy and daddy or Santa won't bring you presents!". He's three. We have to use it a lot.

Nicholas is growing and talking up a storm. It amazes me how quickly he has all of sudden started jabbering away. We were concerned about a possible speech delay...a concern no more! He has such contagious little sense of humor and loves to dance and make silly faces. I can't believe he turns 2 in just a month!

Katherine has four teeth now...two lower and two little adorable and goofy top teeth. She's using them to test the waters with table food and is getting the hang of it slowly. She's a fast little army crawler and is all over the house! She is such a delight! Her surgery is in a month and although I'm nervous about it, her last kidney infection proves it is a necessary evil.

We are preparing for the Holidays already...so much to do! I spent almost 11 hours shopping with my sister and my mom (who I can't keep up with...that woman can shop!) and I'm nearly finished with all of the Christmas shopping! We are headed to Eudora, KS this year for Thanksgiving and we are looking forward to Jim and Tara (brother and sister-in-law) coming from New Hampshire for Christmas this year. I love this time of year....but not the cold. Never the cold.

No comments: