Thursday, April 17, 2008

Family Photos & A New Adventure...



As mentioned in a previous post, Paula Porter (an old high school friend currently living in TN), made a trek to the Northland when visiting family in the area to take photos of our expanded family. I've always been so impressed with her abilities as a photographer. (You can see our family photos at http://www.porterphotgraphy.net/ (MilesKazmaier 5234) I just think her photography is amazing...simply look at her blog linked on the right hand side and view the wedding shoot she recently completed. I wish I had wedding pics like that! She has graciously agreed to mentor me in tapping the artistic side of myself I've neglected for so long and teach me a little bit about photography. My dear sweet husband has agreed to give in to my whims in allowing me to purchase a new dig. SLR camera and a couple of good lenses (after I sought advice from Paula the expert) It's an art form in itself to sweet talk Jason into giving in to my desires...such a good man he is. Courtesty of my mom, I was also able to get ahold of the latest version of Photoshop CS3 (thanks mom and Jen). I certainly don't intend to make a career out of this as I don't think I could ever have enough talent to do so, but to simply learn to get amazing shots of my three most favorite subjects in the world(my kiddos) will be really fun for me. I plan on taking an introductory photography course with another interested friend this summer but in the meantime, I have been reading books like crazy learning about aperture settings and ISO Speeds, shooting RAW images and tinkering with Photoshop. There's definitely a lot more to it than I first realized....but it's been so enjoyable to learn! Here's one of the very first pics (of Nick) taken with my new toy straight out of the box.

No comments: