Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunburst Marathon

6 a.m. (5 a.m. to our CST bodies!)
The finish line never looked so good! (And hey, I'm still standing)



They didn't call it the Sunburst Marathon for nuthin'!

First off, shout out to my amazing husband for taking over this weekend so mama could have a girls weekend! Am I not married to the most supportive husband and amazing father ever? Love him!

This weekend started out with a 9 hour drive to South Bend, Indiana on Friday and ended with a 9 hour drive back to K.C. on Sunday. In between...a lot of laughs, 26.2 miles in 85+ degree heat, exhaustion, sore muscles, chaffing, blisters, a massage, pool/hottub time, a fabulous dinner and one hard night of sleep!

More about the race...it began at 6 a.m. at the College Football Hall of Fame in downtown South Bend, Indiana and ended on the field of Notre Dame Stadium. Although it wasn't my fastest of the five marathon's I've run, I did place 10th and earned another Boston qualifying time. Can't be too upset with that considering it was ultimately a black flagged course due to the extreme heat. (which means it was eventually a closed course and remaining runners were picked up). Two of my other 3 friends also qualified again for Boston next April...so now I have company! YAY!












No comments: